Any specific questions related to filing your taxes should be directed to a tax professional. 

The available tax forms represent your account activity from the previous calendar year (2015). If you opened your Stash account in 2016, you will not receive tax documents until February, 2017.

Which tax documents should I receive?

1099-B: This form will summarize the proceeds of all your sale transactions from 2015. These values must be reported to the IRS when you file your taxes. If you did not sell any investments in 2015, you will not receive a 1099-B.

1099-DIV: You will receive this form if your investments paid dividends of $10 or more in 2015. If you received dividends under this amount, you will not receive this form.

1099-INT: You will receive this form if you earned interest of $10 or more that was not previously displayed on the 1099-B. If you received interest under this amount, or if the interest was displayed on the 1099-B, you will not receive this form.

1042S: If you are not a US citizen, and if you are subject to income withholding in the United States, you will receive this form to report your income that is subject to withholding.

If you realize that your social security number is incorrectly displayed on your tax form, please email us so that we can give you directions on how to update your SSN and file for a form correction.